DYNASTY: GOLDEN STARS OF KANDOR

LEAGUE OF THE GAME DC UNIVERS ONLINE

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Troller 101 - Simple DCUO Controller Guide - work in progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calibre

PostSubject: Troller 101 - Simple DCUO Controller Guide - work in progress   Wed 23 Mar - 21:33

This is a simple guide for players wanting to take on the role of a controller in PVE team play such as Hard Alerts, Duos and raids. For PVP, it is best to take on the role of DPS and respec your skills and powers accordingly.

Please note that this guide focuses on gadgetry for skills and powers.

I. Role of a Controller.

I listed this based on priority from my own experience doing raids, HA and DUO’s.

• Provide power regen and power burst heal to teammates.
• Provide debuffs on defense and damage output of enemy NPC.
• Provide crowd control.

II. Stats for a Controller

Important stats are:
• Vitalization – this increases your power healing effects. 10 Vita = 1% power generation increase. Affects power regen and power burst heal.
• Dominance – this affects the control powers you have over enemy NPC. Your dominance should be higher than NPC willpower for your powers to take effect. There are suggested dominance in HA and raids. If yours is lower than that, you will not be an effective Controller.

III. Controller Weapons and Weapon skill.

• Dual pistol
• Rifle

I would recommend starting off with either of these 2 weapons as they provide a plus 5 vitality increase per skill point innate skill on the weapon tree. Maximum of +15 vitality for this innate skill. There are also 2 other weapon that gives you the +15 vitality innate skill, one-handed and two-handed, but these are melee weapons, and since controllers are not damage sponges (like tanks) I wouldn’t recommend them. It is best to do damage from afar.

When I was starting off with the game, I liked using dual pistols since it has a nice aoe using the full auto weapon skill. This also stuns and pushes back enemy NPC for a short time, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your teammates since Tanks and dps would want them all bunched up for their aoe damage to take effect.

To maximize your skill points you can use the list below to unlock weapon skill in the tree:
1. Dual Pistol
o Skill points needed - 7 skill points; 6 skill points if you started off with dual pistols already.
 Dual Pistol Weapon Proficiency – 1 point
 Slip Shot – 1 point
 Full Auto – 1 point
 Jump Shot – 1 point
 Maximize Vitalization Innate Skill (+15 Vita total) – 3 points
2. Rifle
o Skill points needed - 7 skill points; 6 skill points if you started off with rifle already.
 Rifle weapon proficiency – 1 point
 Grenade Launcher – 1 point
 Rolling Barrage – 1 point
 Flip Burst – 1 point
 Maximize Vitalization Innate Skill (+15 Vita total) – 3 points

** Use the rest of your skill points on movement that you will use and any innates in your movements that will benefit your power regeneration and resistance to knockback, stun, etc. It is best to use the other skill points for unlocking the vita innate skills on the other weapon trees.

IV. Controller gadgetry powers

These are the powers that I normally have in my loadout based on importance of role I listed above:

• Sticky Bomb – Tricks – for power regen
• Gauss Grenade – Traps – for defense debuff
• Sleep Dart – Traps – for damage debuff
• Gag glove – Tricks – for crowd control and damage debuff (my “oh shit!” power when I am swarmed)
• Defibrillator – Traps – for power burst heal of 3 most fatigued teammates.
• Launching roll – from Acrobatics skill tree – to recover power when I get knocked into the air or stunned.

Iconic powers
• Intimidating Gaze - +25 Dominance
• Wisdom of Solomon - +50 Vita and +100 Power

** the rest of the points you have will be up to you. Try experimenting to see the upside and downside of each powers. I will update this guide once I have done all my testing.
That’s it for now. I will update this guide once I am done with my testing. Please feel free to give comments, suggestions and additional information for this guide.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zisthon

PostSubject: Re: Troller 101 - Simple DCUO Controller Guide - work in progress   Sat 14 Sep - 23:26

Quick question, in which order should i pickup my skills?

Sincerely,

Zisthon
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Troller 101 - Simple DCUO Controller Guide - work in progress

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1